Thursday 24 April 2014

Lupita Nyong'o named People Magazine's Most Beautiful Woman...


Lupita has been named People Magazine's Most beautiful woman 2014..The 31 year old said about her recent feat..
"It was exciting and just a major, major compliment And especially, "I was happy for all the girls who would see me on [it] and feel a little more seen.What an incredible journey to go from that feeling to being on the cover of this magazine. I mean, you could have never told me that that would happen when I was 16 and insecure about my complexion.  I hope it means something to more than just me, to people like me who feel unbeautiful in whatever skin they’re in."
Life after being Famous



I was sitting, getting my haircut. Someone passed by and peered in and said, ‘You’re really beautiful,’ and I said, ‘Thank you.’ And he said, ‘You know that girl in 12 Years a Slave? That actress? You look just like her.’ I said, ‘Thank you so much. I was like, ‘That is an interesting scenario.’ But I liked that.
PEOPLE’s editorial director Jess Cagle said it was a no-brainer choosing Lupita because she’s “all the rage” right now.
Why she was chosen according to People editorial director Jess Cagle 
She is fantastic. Obviously, she is the Oscar winner for 12 Years a Slave, raised in Kenya. She is the new celebrity ambassador for Lancôme Paris, along with Julia Roberts and Penélope Cruz. She’s kind of all the rage. There was really no contest this year. She seemed like the only choice. Usually there’s a lot of debate; this time, we were all in agreement. She’s obviously talented, obviously beautiful, she is incredibly stylish, but the way she carries herself with such grace and such humility, I think it’s what put her over the top.
I fell in love with her right before the Oscars when she gave a speech at the Essence Black Women in Hollywood luncheon, and she spoke really frankly about…having felt unbeautiful when she was a girl. And she would pray for lighter skin. She spoke really openly about her journey to embracing the way that she looked, and then ultimately realizing that physical beauty is not what sustains you,” Cagle added. “I just love her.”



No comments:

Post a Comment