Saturday 31 August 2013

Obasanjo Assures Tambuwal: I Am Behind You!


Contrary to the expectations of President Goodluck Jonathan and his aides who have been accusing Speaker of the House of Reps, Aminu Tambuwa, of associating with their "enemies", Chief Olusegun Obasanjo on Friday took a different stand. He said he is happy and very proud of the way Speaker Tambuwal has been leading the House of Representatives.

In what some say is an open endorsement for Tambuwal's future ambition, Obasanjo said:

“I like you, in fact I love you, please go ahead with what you are doing at the National Assembly. I am behind you. I am a principled person and I like the way you run the affairs of the House of Representatives.”
Obasanjo stated this in Sokoto on Friday at a ceremony to lay the foundation of phase 2 of the Usman Faruq Secretariat.

During his visit to Sokoto, Obasanjo paid a courtesy visit to Sultan of Sokoto Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar, who he commended for his “tireless efforts” at promoting unity in the country.

The Sultan, in turn, begged Obasanjo not to quit politics yet, saying Nigerians still need him around

No comments:

Post a Comment