Wednesday 27 February 2013

My Personal Interview With The Charming And Charismatic Ghana Born’ Winner Of UK Top Model of Colour Nana Afua Antwi’ Supermodel And A Fashion Designer




Well done you are in every fashion magazine I read, please do tell us about your self.
(Giggles) WOW : My name is Nana Afua Antwi current the UK Top Model of Colour  as well as an  aspiring Supermodel. I am originally from Ghana born and raised in Ashanti Region where I lived with my late Mother and Grandmother. I am the only child of my Mother and related to 7 step siblings from my Dad. Growing up was tough as I learned to depend on my own, I grew around my Grandmother a lot which opened up a lot of life lessons.

You are tall and beautiful, and you carry yourself very well, will I be right in saying that is probably one of the reason for wanting to be a model or you have always be passionate about it regardless of how you look.
I have always been passionate about Modelling at the age of 13yrs, when I first saw a picture of Tyra on my friend’s Locker in High school but didn’t know how to go about it .I feel good inside whenever am classified to be tall and beautiful as that description was never part of my life when I started primary school. I got bullied a lot for my looks and teased by some of my mates simply because I was really tall and slender. In Ghana, modeling at that period was not a big deal compared to beauty pageants.  I am glad I found hope in Modelling which has made me embrace who I am today.
You aim is to become a super top model not just in the UK but globally, Please do tell us who you have been able to achieve that in the UK and  how you  intend to achieve it globally
I must say so far so good my modeling career has just kicked off very successfully as am now the cover girl for Black Hair Magazine Aug/Sept Issue 2011 and soon to be signed to a Top European Model Agency. I feel it’s a great start as a lot of Models are seeking for such opportunity, within this year I have graced five front covers. Right now I am targeting more on mainstream and wish to pursue my career in America. I have a PR team that has been supporting me in Ghana to inspire youth of my work here in the UK through press.
A big congratulation to you for winning the contest Top model Of Colour UK, please do tell us about it and what part you are playing as the winner of Top model Of Colour UK.
Thank you, I must say wining Top Model of Colour UK was a big shock as I never saw that coming. Every model that participated in the show was professional and had their own potentials of achieving the title. Top Model of Colour is a prestigious competition which has been running for 5years set to inject Models of colour in the mainstream and I must say it was a privilege to be part of it. Winning the competition has open different opportunities which has given me the  platform to as Ambassador for Models of Colour to inspire aspiring models through work and setting up a charity for Young Single Women/ Mothers living harsh lives in rural Ghana.
How long have you been modelling, and who are your sponsors. Is modelling for you a money makingbusiness or a hobby to you.
I have been modeling for 2 years now and at the moment not entitled to sponsors. I started modeling with Mahogany Model Management and soon to hit top mainstream Model Agency. I do enjoy modeling as both money making business and a hobby.
You are not only beautiful, you are also talented, creative and business minded, you have a fashion line , called “Adopted Culture” Our readers would love to know more about it, please do tell us more., starting with the name why you named it ”Adopted Culture”  , and what your cloths line is all about.
Well well (giggles) Adopted Culture is simply embracing different cultural values, style and originality to form on piece through fashion. The name ‘adopted Culture’ was discovered when I researched on today’s fashion and realized how much people are in love with other cultural trends and embracing their originality by making it their own. Eg: Gele is known as a famous hair wrap within Nigerian Women but it’s now global and every Woman love to adopt the style for ceremonies, the name is to experience the uniqueness and originality of bringing different cultural designs together and making it fashion. Adopted Culture clothing has a  positive vibe with a funky twist as well as theatrical inspiration  which is going to go a long way in the fashion industry with its upcoming designs. The collection ranges from sizzling evening wear to couture, promoting fashion through unity with different cultural style and designed for today’s woman to embrace curves and appreciate their wonderful body in every style.
Adopted Culture” how well is it doing in the UK, what is the retail price for your clothes, and who are your clients, are your clothes affordable or only for the rich.
The clothing line is now very popular after good catwalk shows from Fashions Finest to Afro Hair and beauty. Adopted Culture trends are very affordable and related to everyday Woman with curves and sense of style.
Betty nwabunike Editor Women Confidencials

No comments:

Post a Comment