Monday 25 February 2013

Betty Irabor Powerful Business Women/Icon Still Looking Young Hurrah It The count Down To Her Big 50


My mum tells me that I was a sickly child; so sickly in fact that no one thought I would make it past the age of ten. But I did and God even added a bonus! How lucky can one girl get? I must say though that as the countdown to my big FIVE-O began, I got this very morbid feeling that I might not quite make it there. I felt as if time was running out on me and I mentally began to prepare my “Nunc Dimittis.” Do I feel old? Truthfully? Yes! I mean No, I mean Sort of. Good heavens! Let’s face it, 50 is a huge number and all! But then, I do not believe that Life begins at 30, 40 or 50, I believe it begins when you truly begin to live your life unapologetically without seeking the nod of others. Life begins when you embrace your authentic self and start kicking back; like you have no cares in the world – and that could be at any age. As for the sex, I am not an expert there but Erm I believe that sex can be good, better or worse at any age. My friend Ruth said (tongue in cheek) the other day that she didn’t realise 50 year old women still had sex! (Oh P-l-e-a-s-e!) Hasn’t she heard that 50 is the new 35, libido and all? HA HA HA! I do believe however that a woman can be whatever she wants to be at any age: sexy, confident, fun, alluring, beautiful and accomplished. The thing to do is, don’t obsess about it and don’t get fixated about the age thing. You can’t stop the ticking of the clock; SIMPLY BE. Take every day as a new day and live it to the hilt. If you find love at 50, grab it with your heart but be careful because at 50 unreciprocated love hurts more than the first cut and a broken heart is harder to mend. Don’t fall for Big boys, they will only tinker with your emotions and tear ducts, unless you’re a tough cookie yourself. This is no age to be anybody’s fool; remember what they say; “a fool at 40-50 is a fool forever!” Do not gamble with your life or money, take a decision and stick to it. Lose all losers around you, don’t throw pity parties and don’t eat any more ‘burnt toasts’. Learn to ‘let go.’ What’s done is done, free your mind, rule your world, love God, pray, laugh (don’t worry about the age lines, you have earned every one). If your greys bother you, cover them up and if they don’t, sport them like your new signature. Wear a wonder bra for that ooomp, don’t sag. Work that self-esteem, rule your emotions. Pop your vits and eat your greens. You need the exercise, so hit the gym and get a colonic! Edit your wardrobe and your friends; re-define boundaries. Get a life and a life style make-over. It’s amazing what good styling can do for you, but go easy. Adopt a child if you feel led to! It’s your time to be YOU. This is certainly no age to be ‘the other woman’. This season comes with changes, but that’s no reason to fret. Life Happens! Be open to it. Personally, I have never felt more alive and if I may add, more b-e-a-u-t-f-u-l, inside and outside (I could show you the “Before” and “After” pictures!) I am done with self-depreciating. I’ve had a good life and it isn’t half over yet. I don’t know where I’ll be tomorrow and frankly, I don’t give a flying elephant, because tomorrow will always take care of itself and He who’s got the back of the sparrow has got mine too and He will help me focus more on my gains rather than on my pains because “Whatever you focus on blinds you and stops you from seeing anything else”. It’s time to focus more on the invisible rather than the visible. I guess one of the best things about my life is that I have never walked alone. God has always come through for me because He knows how much of a child I truly am. His love for me has also shone through the love of my husband, Soni. Pity, they don’t make men like that anymore! Can you imagine what it’s like to be loved by both God and a loving husband all at once? Now, that’s awesome. I hope I have been a good child to one and a good wife to the other. God, I am so—o-o blessed. Source Genevieve

No comments:

Post a Comment