Tuesday 26 February 2013

BB Interview Omoni Oboli Actress’ Producer’ Scriptwriter And Filmmaker Talks About Motherhood And Acting Exclusively To Women Confidentials




You are a great actress one of the very best in Nigerian movies , please can you tell our readers a little about your self.
I love acting and there’s no feeling greater than being paid for what you love to do. I started acting in 1996 but I stopped to finish school and then right after school I got married and started having children. I got back into acting in 2007 with ‘Unfinished Business,’ an Emem Isong production, playing alongside Desmond Elliot and Genevieve Nnaji. The rest, I guess, is History.
The movie industry in Nigeria is not an easy one, yet you are one of the few ones in the top of the chart, how hard or how easy was it for you to get to the very top.
It wasn’t easy at all but I thank God for the open doors and also for the people who believed in me enough to take a chance at giving me roles when others didn’t. People like Emem Isong, Lancelot, Kunle Afolayan and Lonzo Nzekwe. They saw in me the talent and gave the roles that have now defined my success today.
In the movie/entertainment industry is never easy to keep ones self away from the bad press and publicity, how have you been able to keep your good and pure image.
No one is good except God. My character is borne out of my upbringing. The behavior you exhibit publicly will be reported and that’s what the press will feed on. I’m surrounded by friends and family that are caring and loving. My husband helps to keep me focused.
Please do tell our readers how you manage to turn your acting of different roles into powerful acting, making every movie you have made looking very real, like anchor baby movie you gave a very powerful acting, your acting I believe was one of the reasons it made it the big hit it is today.
This is my job. This is what I love to do and I bring 110% of myself to the set of any movie. I try as much as possible to internalize every character so that anyone who goes to see me in a movie will come out either Happy, Upset, Sad, Tearful or whatever emotion I need the audience to conjure towards the characters I portray. I don’t want them to see Omoni Oboli in the movies but Mona in ‘The Figurine,’ Joyce Unanga in ‘Anchor Baby’ or any other character I’m portraying.
What do you think about family life, most of the actress in Nollywood don’t see getting married as a big deal or having a stable family life as a big deal.
I don’t think it’s true that it’s MOST actresses. That’s a bit extreme. Family life is great! At least for me. I can’t speak for others either in the entertainment industry or not. I thank God for my family cos I know that it wasn’t because I am smarter than the next person but by His grace.
Your role as an actress takes you from one country to another how have you been able to manage your schedule
Honestly, it’s not easy but we thank the Lord. Anyway, I love travelling.
You are not only one of the finest actress of your time, but a great mum, and a lovely wife how do you copy with all of these.
Thank you. Like I’ve always said, I thank God that I have a great husband who has got my back and totally supports me. I try as much as possible to balance my hectic schedule with my home obligations with his help, knowing that he’ll take care of those things I have left undone. He is also great with our kids. I guess I’m just blessed.
Yes  are thanks for the interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment